Saturday 2 March 2013

Little Things Called Experience


I like english very much since I was in primary school. I always got the best score in english lesson than others lesson. The highest score on my school exam in my primary school was english. I did not realize that I have an ability in english. I like watching english movies, and I like singing english songs. On the other hand, I often joined some singing competitions since I was in middle school, and I liked singing english songs in my competitions, besides many people like english songs, it also had big point. 

I also ever became the third winner on speech contest in my high school and joined some english competitions held by other high schools. I still felt confused whether I would continue my english adventure in my university or I took other field and let english be my partial skill. Then, I decided to take english field as my major in university, and I put it in the first choice in UGM. Before the announcement had been out, I tried others institutions. However, my heart still dream for studying in STAN (Sekolah Tinggi Akuntansi Negara), STIS (Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Statistik) and AMG (Akademi Meteorologi dan Geofisika). I guessed nobody does not dream to study in one of those three institutions. We can get a great job directly after graduating, so we do not need to think what job I will gain after graduating. I really expected to be there. I lived in a boarding house in Bintaro, near STAN to join a course for USM STAN (Ujian Saringan Masuk STAN) preparation because it was quite far from my house, it would be exhausting if I did round trip everyday. I did it during my long holiday. That was why it is not my first time to live by myself in boarding house, but at least I did not live by myself, but I lived together in one room with my friend.

Well, I did not pass them, but gratefully, I gain UGM as my university. Thank God. I live by myself in Jogja for a long period. The thing I could not believe was I will take care myself. I have to survive without my parents’ help, except money and pray. I wondered with myself because I did not cry because of separating with my beloved family. I feel really comfortable with this situation, the people and the culture. Mom, dad, I love being here. I also got myself changed. This condition changes me to be a better creature. In addition, studying in faculty of cultural sciences makes me realize one thing about the diversity in this world. I become a woman who never see a diversity from a point of view, because diversity is really important as the colored pencils. It is impossible to only use one color, we need all of them to create a beautiful thing.




0 comments:

Post a Comment