Thursday 21 February 2013

Create Your Mind, Create Your Writing


Oh My God, it was one p.m, time for us, students of English Literature 2010, Cultural Sciences Faculty, Universitas Gadjah Mada, to enter F304 room, for Creative Writing class.
Yup, Tuesday, February 19th, 2013 was first day of Creative Writing lesson. Eventhough it was the first meeting of the class, I enjoy the class and the way Mr. Dalih, that’s the lecturer’s nick name, taught us. Firstly, let me introduce himself. Well, Mr. Labodalih Sembiring, we called him Mr. Dalih, is the owner of Indonesian Travel Bloggers and Travel Junkie Indonesia. He gave a seminar about travel blogging to us for several times ago. He has tripped to many places in the world and he shares his adventures in his blog, especially about Indonesia. I totally love his blog. The way he writes can make us, as the viewer, feel interested and inspired with what he shares and want to go there at the time we read it. Because, he does not only tell about the places, but he also shows how beautiful, awesome, and fantastic they are through the pictures and his writings. When I know that we got him as our lecturer in this class, I can not guess what will happen next.  

He taught us in different way. Firstly, I think that Creative Writing subject will be similar to Writing in General English subject. However, it was totally different with writing class. He modified it, so we will be taught more about how to write as creative as possible. He makes us know that we can show something not only from picture, but we also can show something through the expression of our writing. He has different mind about wasting paper. He said that he will not do what many teachers ask their students to submit assignments using paper. He has a cool idea to post our assignment via blog. Thank sir, this class makes me active in my blog, because actually I have my previous blog, but I never post anything, until I forgot the password and finally I got my new blog and I am going to activate this account by posting many interesting things, including the assigments. And I hope, this class can make me exist my blog as what my awesome lecture does in his blog and also I can be more creative. 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the encouragement. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete